The school was judged overall to be within the category of ‘Requires Improvement’ (3). Having said that, the inspectors found many strengths within the school, especially in the categories of Personal Development and Behaviour and Attitudes where Ofsted graded these areas as ‘Good’ (2) which is a first for Queensway Infant Academy and Nursery.
Inspectors noted the school has been on a journey and noted there are many ‘green shoots’ towards ensuring quality teaching and learning for the children of Queensway Infant Academy and Nursery.
With the publication of the report, now is the time to look forward and continue our journey towards good.
Parent View is an online questionnaire for parents and carers to feed back on their child’s school.
It is also the main mechanism for parents to give their views about our school to Ofsted at the time of an inspection.
Parent View is a series of 12 questions to gather your views about your child’s school:
- My child is happy at this school
- My child feels safe at this school
- My child makes good progress at this school
- My child is well looked after at this school
- My child is taught well at this school
- My child receives appropriate homework for their age
- This school makes sure its pupils are well behaved
- This school deals effectively with bullying
- This school is well led and managed
- This school responds well to any concerns I raise
- I receive valuable information from the school about my child’d progress
- Would you recommend this school to another parent?
They can be viewed by schools, parents and carers and the general public on the Parent View website.
As the results for each school are saved at the end of the academic year, they can provide headteachers and governors with a useful year on year picture of parents’ views.